ATX Community

Deadline for efiling 940's

neilbrink

I just now received a reject from ATX on an efiled 940 that was sent on 1-28-08. Reason: "The Tax Period End Date (2007-03-31)is not valid for the Form Type (940). Please see custom description for details. Does anyone know where the custom description is? And how could that have been validated by EFC and and then sat for over a month ? Anyhow, is it too late to efile the 940 timely? March 31 deadline? Thanks. Neil

I have been in contact quite a few times regarding my 3 940s I efiled timely. 2 of these finally came back accepted (after prior ridiculous reject) on 2/27. This morning all 3 came back rejected. So you ask, how can something that was accepted now be rejected? I guess it's an ATX thing. In my previous conversations with ATX, they said IRS was aware of the issues and there should be no penalties. I have informed those clients to let me know if they get any letters, I will fight any penalties. Maybe we can bill CCH for our time wasted on this? HA HA

I am going to email ATX this morning with these new issues, we'll see if they get back to me.