ATX Community

Fed Balance Due/State Refund Efile Problems

Chrisbry

Is anyone else having a problem when you have a balance due on the federal and a refund on the State (Nebraska in this case).

I keep getting an error message when I create e-file that the checking savings boxes must equal the checking/savings boxes on NE Efile Info. Restore field. (they are the same BTW).

The only way I can get rid of it on the State level is to check the savings box & use on state form on the 1040EF Info. THEN, I get an error message that a paper check has been checked. Do not enter direct deposit information.

I don't remember having this issue earlier in the filing season. Is this something that they have changed?

Is anyone else having a problem when you have a balance due on the federal and a refund on the State (Nebraska in this case).

I keep getting an error message when I create e-file that the checking savings boxes must equal the checking/savings boxes on NE Efile Info. Restore field. (they are the same BTW).

The only way I can get rid of it on the State level is to check the savings box & use on state form on the 1040EF Info. THEN, I get an error message that a paper check has been checked. Do not enter direct deposit information.

I don't remember having this issue earlier in the filing season. Is this something that they have changed?

Remove the DD information from the 1040EF information and uncheck the "Use on State" box. Then, manually enter the RTN and ACT on the State EF information page. It should work just fine.

Remove the DD information from the 1040EF information and uncheck the "Use on State" box. Then, manually enter the RTN and ACT on the State EF information page. It should work just fine.

Thanks Jack -- but I had already done that. After almost 2 hours on the phone with ATX to resolve my 1041 ACK problem and this -- we have it figured out with a temporary fix. The program is not carrying over the checking/savings code from the NE Efile Info page. They don't know why, but I'm sure it's high on their "priority" list to fix! :read:

Oh and in case anyone is wondering -- no time table yet on when we will be able to enter DD information for Form 1040 on Zero returns/balance due returns for the rebate. I'm not holding up returns for that. They'll just have to be happy with paper checks.