ATX Community

Crazy 7004 efile rejections

MarkM

All of my 7004s efiled today are getting rejected with:

MEFUSX0000-5 XML Error

The XML data has failed schema validation. The Submission Type information specified in the IRS Submission Manifest must match one of the submission type supported by the Modernized e-File system. The XML data has failed schema validation.

I efiled a bunch of 7004s last week successfully. This error is just coming on today's extensions.

My program and forms are up-to-date as well.

Does anyone know what this is?

No - I don't know, but wish I did. I just had 3 corporate and a partnerhip efiles reject with the same message. I just resubmitted and should know in a few minutes if they go through.

I sent 12 extensions on Saturday and still have no acks back. I tried to submit another 7004 this morning, got the screwy server notice and then resent it. It went through okay. But no acks. And no IRS postmark dates. Scary.

Maribeth

I recreated and resubmitted the ones that were rejected with the above error, and now those 7004s are coming back with this rejection error:

EFC11 ATX EFC Reject

Seq: 0

ATX EFC Reject Federal E-File Extension is already accepted or pending acknowledgement.

Normally the software won't let you recreate an eFile if it is pending or acknowledged status.

Maybe the ATX Efile people are out boozing for St. Paddy's day and forgot to show up for work!

The 1065 kicked back but that is not a big deal today. The 3 Corps are setting at "Validated by EFC" status - been there for about 5 hours. We went ahead and extended them (via paper extension) just in case.

I printed them all out and mailed them certified yesterday. Good thing I did because this morning I got two back rejected with that "schema" error. Really strange, as these two that were rejected went through just fine last year. Something is wrong with the CCH server, that's for sure.

Maribeth