ATX Community

Rolling over return

cientax

Is anyone having this problem? I rolled over 2006 return into 2007 which has 1040, Sch-C, 4562, Asset entry, and other forms. After it rolls over, all disappear except 1040, W-2 and Efile info sheet. The dependents are also missing. They have four dependent children under 17, all are gone. They never had W-2 only Sch-C with related forms. Is this an update issue? Does anyone know?

cientax,

Don't know if this could be the answer or not - check the Preferences in Rollover Manager. Make sure you check everything that you want rolled over.

I would then deleted the return that you rolled over and roll it over again and see if you get the missing forms.

You should update your program on a regular basis, I update every morning.

Hope this helped.

Jerry

cientax,

Don't know if this could be the answer or not - check the Preferences in Rollover Manager. Make sure you check everything that you want rolled over.

I would then deleted the return that you rolled over and roll it over again and see if you get the missing forms.

You should update your program on a regular basis, I update every morning.

Hope this helped.

Jerry

I deleted return then updated and rolled over again and still not rolling over all forms and dependents. I'm on the line (on hold of course) with tech (not) support.

I hope you got the problem fixed. I have not had a single problem this year, with rolling over returns. But last year when I did have some problems, I found that going into the prior year program, and opening then saving the return, before I rolled it over, usually made it work right. I think the problem I had then was mostly with early returns, which had older forms and had not been updated because they were completed before the forms were changed. Once I realized the problem, I made sure I had a pdf of the return as filed, then updated the return before rolling it over.