ATX Community

Efile Rejection for Deceased Parent

joelgilb

I have a client whose parent passed on last year. Will, but no probate as all assets were in a trust. 1040 has income and schedule A deductions, but no tax to pay, so I do not need a 1310 for the representative to claim a refund.

I E-filed the return and received 2 rejection codes and I don't know where to enter the information to clear the rejection. Codes are as follows:

1. 1040US1019 Form 1040/1040A/104EZ Personal Representative Missing, Form: RET 1040 Occurance 1 Seq 1328 - If the status is not married filing jointly and the date of death is filled out then the personal representative information must be entered.

2, 1040US1019 Form 1040/1040A/104E Foreign Address not allowed - If the filer or spouse date of death has been entered then the name of the surviving Spouse or personal representative must be entered in C/O Address field.

I have the information of course, but the problem is, that I do not know where IRS wants me to put this information on the 1040. Does anybody know where to input this?

Joel

I have a client whose parent passed on last year. Will, but no probate as all assets were in a trust. 1040 has income and schedule A deductions, but no tax to pay, so I do not need a 1310 for the representative to claim a refund.

I E-filed the return and received 2 rejection codes and I don't know where to enter the information to clear the rejection. Codes are as follows:

1. 1040US1019 Form 1040/1040A/104EZ Personal Representative Missing, Form: RET 1040 Occurance 1 Seq 1328 - If the status is not married filing jointly and the date of death is filled out then the personal representative information must be entered.

2, 1040US1019 Form 1040/1040A/104E Foreign Address not allowed - If the filer or spouse date of death has been entered then the name of the surviving Spouse or personal representative must be entered in C/O Address field.

I have the information of course, but the problem is, that I do not know where IRS wants me to put this information on the 1040. Does anybody know where to input this?

Joel

On the 1040 EF Info, page 1 upper left, select the PIN type then just below, check the Personal Representative box.

Next, enter the PIN information for the deceased. The Personal Representive "signs" the return.

Under the PIN boxes, in the section marked ©, enter the Personal Representative name. When there's a 1310 in a return with a refund, this field will automatically populate when the 1310 is completed. In your case it, obviously, in't, so the name has to be entered.

Next, go to the Care of Address line in the taxpayer information section and click "Restore".

On the 1040, just be sure the date of death is entered, nothing else is needed. The name and "DECEASED" will print at the top of page 1.

On the 1040 EF Info, page 1 upper left, select the PIN type then just below, check the Personal Representative box.

Next, enter the PIN information for the deceased. The Personal Representive "signs" the return.

Under the PIN boxes, in the section marked ©, enter the Personal Representative name. When there's a 1310 in a return with a refund, this field will automatically populate when the 1310 is completed. In your case it, obviously, in't, so the name has to be entered.

Next, go to the Care of Address line in the taxpayer information section and click "Restore".

On the 1040, just be sure the date of death is entered, nothing else is needed. The name and "DECEASED" will print at the top of page 1.

Thanks Much. Looked everywhere for this and I didn't think to look on the 1040EF schedule. Even tried adding a 1310 when I don't need it, but thought that would cause different problems.

Joel