ATX Community

Switching to ATX from prosystem

Julie R

I have a small firm.  We prepare 400 individual reruns and 160 business returns.  I pay about $40,000 for prosystem Fx .  I am thinking of moving to ATX at a fraction of the cost.  Has anyone made the switch from prosystem to ATX?  If so please let me know your thoughts.  Thank you 

Julie, if you like ProSystem fx, talk to your rep. Do you do any pay-per-return, for example? I prepare only 100 returns or so, so Pro fx has bent over backwards to keep me. They priced out the best way to buy the entities, states, etc., and they've made a couple of concessions to their usual pricing. I pay only a fraction of your price. Put your rep to work to get you the lowest price. If that doesn't work, ProSystem fx is included in CCH's US Small Firms division that might have more discretion re pricing. These contacts are a couple years old, so might not be current:

Jennifer Cozier, VP Product Management, US Small Firms, TAA North America

Office 770-857-5092 Mobile 470-261-3456

[email protected]

Julie Peck

[email protected]

• Like 1

Good Grief!  We use UltraTax for most returns, one of the higher priced programs, and pay around $18k.  We have way over 1500 clients, including C and S corps, partnerships, trusts and estates, in a zillion states.  ATX is the most user-friendly for payroll.  Everybody has add-ons of course.  The tax projection module of UT is not great, but of course they sell a better version.  Same for asset manager.  You need to determine what features are most important to you, but I am sure you can do way better than you are doing now.