ATX Community

Renewal Notice

RDennis

I received my renewal notice for MAX by e-mail today. The cost is apparently up $90, with a 10% discount if paid by May 31. Last year, it appears that the 10% discount continued until June 30. Though, I renewed on May 31 last year, with that teaser that one could win up to $3,000 if renewed by that date.

R. Dennis

I received my renewal notice for MAX by e-mail today. The cost is apparently up $90, with a 10% discount if paid by May 31. Last year, it appears that the 10% discount continued until June 30. Though, I renewed on May 31 last year, with that teaser that one could win up to $3,000 if renewed by that date.

R. Dennis

The price of 1040 Office Package went from $664 last year to $704 this year (with software processing or shipping charge), if I did the 10% early discount, I would end up paying a little less this year than last year.

I renewed early last year. I seem to recall some mention that somebody waited til late and actually negotiated a discount?? If I am not having a senior moment, please someone confirm the above. It could help lots of us...

Zeke

I held out, and sometime in June I received a phone call, told the sales person I wasn't sure if I was renewing. The sales person asked, I told him I wasn't to pleased about the sudden changes, such as closing the community down just before end of tax season, and also the price structure for e-file. I told him that if I had to pay for the e-file with my client base it would cost me over $1,000.00 more than previous, and that I had no need to upgrade to MAX to get un limited e-file. He asked me if I would renew if I could get an e-file module that will allow me to file as many e-files as I wanted for just $200.00. So I renewed, got my discount and only had to pay $200.00 this year to e-file.

Not sure what they are going to do this year, but neither am I sure what I'm going to do. My hopes is the Mel will be able to get something going, and in the meantime I'm going to test run several competitors programs.

My biggest complaint this year was the lack of support, which also goes back to them doing something stupid, laying off our support team and forcing us to call a center that wasn't familiar with our program. For me it's going to take some enticements!

Deb!