ATX Community

Is it me or the IRS?

lsowers

I am wondering if anyone else out there has gotten CP2000 notices for 2006 returns that were amended many months ago.

I did a 1040X in July 07 for a K1 that was received and the add'l tax was paid. Now (8 months later) client receives a CP2000 saying that the K1 was not included in their return. So I am sending a copy of the 1040X, with all of the attachments that were originally sent in July.

A few weeks ago, the same thing happened with another client, except this had to deal with taxable SS benefits and RR pension. The 1040X was done in Oct 07 and in Mar 08, he gets a CP2000. The strange thing about that one was it looked like they adjusted some of the numbers, but not all. I gave them the worksheets supporting my changes on the 1040X, there should not have been any problems. I even spelled out on page 2 what I was changing. So I resent them all the original info.

I am just wondering if I am jinxed or is there something going on up there in GA and causing me more work. I have done amended returns for a few years now and have not had any problems with them until now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Lori

I am wondering if anyone else out there has gotten CP2000 notices for 2006 returns that were amended many months ago.

I did a 1040X in July 07 for a K1 that was received and the add'l tax was paid. Now (8 months later) client receives a CP2000 saying that the K1 was not included in their return. So I am sending a copy of the 1040X, with all of the attachments that were originally sent in July.

A few weeks ago, the same thing happened with another client, except this had to deal with taxable SS benefits and RR pension. The 1040X was done in Oct 07 and in Mar 08, he gets a CP2000. The strange thing about that one was it looked like they adjusted some of the numbers, but not all. I gave them the worksheets supporting my changes on the 1040X, there should not have been any problems. I even spelled out on page 2 what I was changing. So I resent them all the original info.

I am just wondering if I am jinxed or is there something going on up there in GA and causing me more work. I have done amended returns for a few years now and have not had any problems with them until now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Lori

I got one last fall for 2006 1040-X where client got K-1 after filing. (Didn't bother to tell me he was a shareholder in an S-Corp when he originally filed.) Are we now supposed to attach K-1's? I thought not, but this year I made sure I did attach the K-1 to the client's 2007 1040.