ATX Community

Deleting Dead efiles?

Ernietax

On 1/17/08 I created a 1040 and Cal 540 and checked "Hold state". The 1040 was quickly accepted so I filed the Cal 540 which went to "Validated by EFC" status. After 4 days it was still only Validated so I called tech support. They said to copy the return and try to send it again. After several trys and program updates it finally went through and was accepted by California on 1/23. My problem is that 2 of the eariler copies are still at Validated status and I can't delete them. I've tried the "Synchronize with ATX" with no help. It's no big deal I'd just like to clean up my efile manager so I see nothing but "accepted" status.

Any ideas?

Thanks

On 1/17/08 I created a 1040 and Cal 540 and checked "Hold state". The 1040 was quickly accepted so I filed the Cal 540 which went to "Validated by EFC" status. After 4 days it was still only Validated so I called tech support. They said to copy the return and try to send it again. After several trys and program updates it finally went through and was accepted by California on 1/23. My problem is that 2 of the eariler copies are still at Validated status and I can't delete them. I've tried the "Synchronize with ATX" with no help. It's no big deal I'd just like to clean up my efile manager so I see nothing but "accepted" status.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I use the "Completed" column to check off those returns that are completed, whether they have been accepted or for some other reason, including the example of your incident. I then check the "incomplete" box on the left hand side and only the returns that need some form of resolution are still shown. Hope that helps. Neil