ATX Community

e-file and Installment Agreement Request

HV Ken

Client wants an installment agreement for balance due (>6k). Is there anything special that needs to be done to e-file this? The 9465 needs to be signed, but it is not included on the list of forms to send to the IRS with an 8453.

What is the right procedure to follow to e-file and include the 9465 installment agreement request?

The installment agreement is efiled with the return. http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/providers/artic...=173842,00.html

Yes, I saw that on the IRS site. My question was more along the lines that I seem to remember in the past the 9465 was sent with an 8453 (could not use 8879), but with the new 8453 this year, it was not listed as one of the required attachments.

I guess the additional signature requirement on the 9465 is merely for paper filers then...?

Yes, I saw that on the IRS site. My question was more along the lines that I seem to remember in the past the 9465 was sent with an 8453 (could not use 8879), but with the new 8453 this year, it was not listed as one of the required attachments.

I guess the additional signature requirement on the 9465 is merely for paper filers then...?

The signature lines on it don't need to be used when it's efiled with a regular return, only when mailed in by itself.