ATX Community

TRX and TaxSlayer uninstall

DonnaA

I was not happy with ATX support and slow Acks this year. MAX is pricey for me (semi-retired, and doing only 50 returns), but I may have to stay with it. I have downloaded the TRX and TaxSlayer demos, and don't like the print options in either, and definitely don't like the questionnaire input in TaxSlayer.

I used a program called "Revo Uninstaller", recommended by PC World, (Google it for a free download) to uninstall TRX. It used the program's uninstall program, and still found 7,000+ registry entries and 600+ files remaining on my computer. TaxSlayer slips under its radar and has no uninstall option. You can remove it using the Control Panel "Add or Remove Programs" feature, but I think the only way to completely remove it is to create a "Restore Point" before installation.

I am still looking for a program that will do individual, business, and fiduciary returns, with some W-2's and 1099's, at an affordable price.

DonnaA