ATX Community

Form1065

reyg

I just received a workable TRXPro 2007 CD and loaded it to evaluate. Can some walk me thrugh on how to do Form 1065. I seems that everytime I add a form 1065 it is flowing to 1040 sch k-1. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

ReyG

CA

I just received a workable TRXPro 2007 CD and loaded it to evaluate. Can some walk me thrugh on how to do Form 1065. I seems that everytime I add a form 1065 it is flowing to 1040 sch k-1. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

ReyG

CA

A 1065 is a completely different return than the 1040. Only thing for a 1065 in the individual 1040 return would be the worksheet for entering a K-1 from 1065.

So, what I think you've got happening is you're in an individual return but want to be in a business return. When you click on "new" to create a new return you need to change the option from "1040 return" to "business" in order to create a business return. Then you check the box for 1065 on the business entity worksheet and it'll give you a 1065.

A 1065 is a completely different return than the 1040. Only thing for a 1065 in the individual 1040 return would be the worksheet for entering a K-1 from 1065.

So, what I think you've got happening is you're in an individual return but want to be in a business return. When you click on "new" to create a new return you need to change the option from "1040 return" to "business" in order to create a business return. Then you check the box for 1065 on the business entity worksheet and it'll give you a 1065.

You are having a problem with TRX similar to doing any returns that are not simple 1040's. Their written documentation leaves a lots to be desired. I have had problems in figuring out many of my returns. I will say that the technical staff has been just great in helping me. I am a new user who has been entering my 2007 returns into their Orr program. Not being used to a forms approach to software I have had difficulty figuring out what to do. Of course when they tell me it is simple but not is the case when you are first using the software.

For example I looked at the business returns in their software. It is simple to select business returns but to add a new return always come up to an individual return. Do you add the info on the business screen that is listed. I dont know. I am sure it is a simple thing to do when you have done your first. I would be interested in how you do with the 1065.

In final conclusion I think TRX Orr should provide written information on using their software for situations beyond the simpld 1040's, like Sch C, Sch E, depreciation schdules and the like. It seems to me that the depreciation life patterns are not sufficient. Of course you can do these manually but it would be better to have more choices in the life cycle of many of the assets.

These are just some of my thoughts. I am a first time user of the software who used a menu approach software for many years. I will adjust and learn as time passes.

You are having a problem with TRX similar to doing any returns that are not simple 1040's. Their written documentation leaves a lots to be desired. I have had problems in figuring out many of my returns. I will say that the technical staff has been just great in helping me. I am a new user who has been entering my 2007 returns into their Orr program. Not being used to a forms approach to software I have had difficulty figuring out what to do. Of course when they tell me it is simple but not is the case when you are first using the software.

For example I looked at the business returns in their software. It is simple to select business returns but to add a new return always come up to an individual return. Do you add the info on the business screen that is listed. I dont know. I am sure it is a simple thing to do when you have done your first. I would be interested in how you do with the 1065.

In final conclusion I think TRX Orr should provide written information on using their software for situations beyond the simpld 1040's, like Sch C, Sch E, depreciation schdules and the like. It seems to me that the depreciation life patterns are not sufficient. Of course you can do these manually but it would be better to have more choices in the life cycle of many of the assets.

These are just some of my thoughts. I am a first time user of the software who used a menu approach software for many years. I will adjust and learn as time passes.

Me too is new to the TRX and still getting familiar with the software. It is quite different with ATX. But, I like the verification before you can create e-file. Also, I still need to learn how to set up my print set up because evrytime I print a simple return

it is printing all the schedules and worksheets that I don't want to print

I have finally did and compete Form 1065. The reason why I cannot access form 1065 before and everytime I tried it is defaulting to form 1040 is because I did not install the update for business forms when I loaded the CD. TRX tech support are great. She helped me and walk me through the software in order for me to get familiar with the product/software.

Once you loaded the business forms you click the Business Return button, and key the State code and they system will give you all the forms you need to complete Form 1065. I hope this help...