ATX Community

Having problem logging in to PTIN account.

Max W

Are you saying that you are changing your password because the system says you must?  I just went through that, and there was some verbiage about the password requirements (however many characters, l number, l letter, etc).  Is your attempted password compliant?  Also, the new password can't resemble any you've used before.  (If you started with Tax 88, the new one can't be Tax 89).  Try coming up with a unique password and let us know how it goes.

• Like 2

I have been trying to login off and on for over a week.   I enter my user name and password then I'm asked to request an authentication code be sent to my email which I do.   The email doesn't arrive for 2-3 days and, of course, is invalid by the time I get it.   

I tried to call today but I was number 76 in the queue..........  

• Like 3

Had the same issue.  To many . in my email.  Had to use a different email.  The old one we have used with the IRS since dial up days :)   I did all this in early December so the wait time for tech support wasn't bad.  Maybe a 5 minute hold.

• Like 1