ATX Community

NT Document Security

Mel in Hawaii

In todays world, everyone is scrambling for more security. Don't let that guy get on the plane. Sorry, you can't stay logged on to the website longer than 15 minutes. Etc.

Well, I think we are going a bit too far.

Today I get a special promotion emailed to me from a company I deal with on a regular basis. They want it to look good evidently, so they send it in PDF format. It's a good deal, something I would take advantage of, but you have to print the coupon and bring it in to a local branch to get the deal (otherwise I might have thought it was a phishing scam). Unfortunately they set the security on the PDF document so you can't do anything but open the document. No printing/copying/etc. All you can do is open and read it. Even trying to do a screen capture gives me nothing but a blank page.

I wonder how their promotion will go? Do you think that they will get many sales from people more computer savy than me that can actually find a way around Acrobat's security? No Ipod Nano for me.