ATX Community

NT:for CPAS re: new stupid quality control standards

NECPA in NEBRASKA

I keep getting phone calls and brochures for the new SQCS 7 that say that even if you just do compilations or reviews that this is new rule is going to change the way we keep our records and do business. OF course, then they want me to buy there books to show me what I have to do. I've managed to do some research, but haven't found much to tell me what I am going to have to do. I did find that it applies to your business if you are subject to peer review. I am not renewing my membership with them this summer, so that I won't have to go through another expensive peer review. I only prepare around 25 compilations a year. My state society will do a review every three years for free. How are anyone else handling this new rule? The NE board or society haven't published anything on this as of yet. I don't see how I can stay in business with all of these new rules coming at me from the IRS and AICPA. Thanks!

Bonnie

I can't believe that you didn't flame me for using the wrong form of their. I should have proofed it before I sent it. The reason that I haven't purchased the book is that I can't find anything that says that I have to spend $200 for a book that should mainly pertain to auditors. The ads say that it pertains to everyone, but I'm not seeing a lot of messages from our CPA society or hearing much buzz. I was just asking here, because I am a one person office and there are no practice management groups around here to learn anything from.