ATX Community

atx-still the same

michaelmars

I called about a NY partnership form [it-2658-e] which is getting populated with the partnership info. i told them it is for the partners info. i was told i was wrong. Guest the first name, last name, soc sec. asked for was typos by NYS.

aarugggh

RIGHT form but you can't expect the partners to have it handy, you gotta fill it out and send it to them and beg them to sign it otherwise the partnership had to deal with estimated tax payments etc.

RIGHT form but you can't expect the partners to have it handy, you gotta fill it out and send it to them and beg them to sign it otherwise the partnership had to deal with estimated tax payments etc.

The form was designed to pull the information from the signature form, in this case supposedly the 1040, but you opened the form in a partnership return instead, thus getting the wrong information.

I should mention that I haven't looked at the form, just taking note of what you say happened and knowing how the linking worked inside the program years ago. Sounds to me that the only other option would be for them to put in some code to check if the return was a 1040 and if it wasn't, then blank out the form completely. I also didn't look up the form itself.

I should mention that I haven't looked at the form, just taking note of what you say happened and knowing how the linking worked inside the program years ago. Sounds to me that the only other option would be for them to put in some code to check if the return was a 1040 and if it wasn't, then blank out the form completely. I also didn't look up the form itself.

ITS BEEN A WEEK and i got a message from ATX, they are correcting the links their form is wrong.