ATX Community

Depreciation

gebclsd

I previously did an 1120S and discarded the input method of depreciation entry. Then a couple of years later I entered all the depreciation on the ATX. It flows through to the balance sheet, but the 4562 won't print. I know it is because I discarded the inputs earlier. For 2008 I want to input on ATX.

How do I change this?

Several months ago I found a knowledge base listing for this problem, but can't locate it. I tried to search for it just now and had no success.

Are there tricks to finding information on the knowledge base?

Why does the ATX password have to be changed so often? I use it infrequently, and it is a pain to reset the password.

Thanks for your Help

I'm not sure about the method being the factor here. Remember that the 44562 does not print unless there are new assets added, etc, that requires it to be included. That is because the IRS does not want them unless they need them. You can always go to the form, tho, and mark the box at the top of the page to print it. Also, you can print it manually when on it, but using the 'page' button.

even though it doesn't print in govt copy i think it prints in yours and clients if you select it or you can print out the depr schedules.

Something i just noticed on depr. if you have a short year the calculation is correct but if you look at asset history, it will show the whole years depr for year one, thus the history sch is incorrect.

WE ARE DOWN TO 24 MORE RETURNS, 8-9 REAL THE REST ARE KIDS OR SIMPLE K-1 FLOW THROUGHS