ATX Community

E-filing NYS business returns

Demarie

Does anyone here know if ATX will be supporting e-filing of NYS corporate and partnership returns for the 2008 tax program? We have been notified that as of Jan. 1, it will be mandatory for preparers to e-file these returns, and I cannot get an answer from ATX customer support. Three phone calls and an email have resulted in a "yes, I think NYS is one of the six states we will be e-filing business returns", "if it's mandatory, I'm sure we will", and "I don't know yet, check our announcements in January"! wacko.gif I need to know now, so if we have to request a refund of our renewal fee and change software we are not scrambling in January. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Latest update - this one is a response from NYS efile department to my email:

I can tell you that for the IT-204-LL ATX is testing with us and we do expect that they will be approved on time (meaning the first week of Jan) but I don't know how long it takes for them to issue the release to their customers.

On the Corp side, ATX is new this year and as far as I know, they have not yet begun testing.

All NYS forms are final so it is the efile development on ATX's side that is holding up the process. As a paying customer, I suggest you call them daily asking for updates on the status of the NY efile program for partnerships and corporation tax.

I cannot advise you on what to do about which software you purchase. hope this helps

Does anyone have any other information? My firm is getting very frustrated about this and about to request a refund.