ATX Community

Detailed depreciation sheet

Marie

Last year I could print out the detailed depreciation sheet, which would show all my assets instead of the statement sheet which just showed depreciating assets. I like having them all, easier next year when the client has sold older assets. BUt anyway, the detailed would print all on one sheet and now it comes out on two sheets - just a column or two on the second sheet. Does anyone know if there is way to change it so I'm not taping sheets together to see the whole row.

Tell your printer to print that page only and then change the layout to landscape. Or you can go into the 4562, and then go to the detail report, and remove unneeded columns, which is what I like to do. If all the conversion codes are HY and no special allowances were taken, why waste space printing those?

In response to KC, it is printing landscape and I have eliminated most columns, but the HY and special allow columns I like to leave in, just so I know. Is there a place to go in to make some columns smaller? On the second sheet it is only printing the last column .

In response to KC, it is printing landscape and I have eliminated most columns, but the HY and special allow columns I like to leave in, just so I know. Is there a place to go in to make some columns smaller? On the second sheet it is only printing the last column .

Unprotect the Detail Report form, resize the columns and then protect the form again.

OK, then you can do what I did, and customize the 4562 master form. Once it opens, go to the report tab and at the very top of the page, you can move the column size just like you would adjust an excel spreadsheet. I made several columns smaller, as some of them are wider than really needed. Salvage value, for example, is the same size as Cost, when clearly you know it will be a smaller number. Recovery Period is way wider than it needs to be. Asset code can be narrowed a bit as well.

I also deleted the default "X" in the columns that I almost never print. I can always go back and X any column that I do need to print.

After you do this, be sure to open a new test return, add the 4562, add an asset, then print the reports, and be sure you did not make any column TOO SMALL. If you did, it will print ##### in the field, to indicate that the number is too large to fit. If that happens, just go back, customize it again, and widen that field a bit.

After I bring up and customize the master form, I save it, then close master forms. I went into a return and printed out the detailed depreciation sheet and it looks just like the first one I printed. What did I do wrong? How do I get the new master form into my returns already being worked on?

DON'T.......PLEASE. UNTIL YOU READ THIS.....

Here's the deal. After you customize the form, any new forms added will have the changes, and any returns rolled over after it will have the new form. Ones you are already working on, the only way to get it is to delete the 4562 and re-add it. And that means you lose the work you've done so far, if you roll them over again, or you lose all the assets, if you delete the 4562 in the return you are working on. In some cases, it might be easy to just delete the one you have now, and re-roll the return. But in most cases, it's better to just live with it on the few old ones, and have the nice new look on all the rest of the season's returns.