ATX Community

HELP with Extension

Thom Diamond

Can we file the extension Form 4868 via e-file and make a payment via Direct Deposit? If so, how do we tell the software that we only want the 4868 e-filed and not all the other forms that are open?

I only prepare a few returns, and fortunately only deal with one or two extensions each year.

I appreciate any help ! ! !

KC: Thanks for your message on TaxProExchange about the creation of this Board ! ! !

Thom Diamond

Thom, when you complete the Form 4868, you will also need to complete the 1040 EF Info Form. On the EF Info Form, bottom tab "Payment and Refund". Scroll down and you will find the section to complete for efiling the 4868. Then when you create the efile, you will be asked which file you are creating, including the Federal Extension. Hope that helps. Neil

Can we file the extension Form 4868 via e-file and make a payment via Direct Deposit? If so, how do we tell the software that we only want the 4868 e-filed and not all the other forms that are open?

I only prepare a few returns, and fortunately only deal with one or two extensions each year.

KC: Thanks for your message on TaxProExchange about the creation of this Board ! ! !

Thom Diamond

Neil, Thanks for your help !

Thom

Thom, when you complete the Form 4868, you will also need to complete the 1040 EF Info Form. On the EF Info Form, bottom tab "Payment and Refund". Scroll down and you will find the section to complete for efiling the 4868. Then when you create the efile, you will be asked which file you are creating, including the Federal Extension. Hope that helps. Neil

Thom Diamond

Just complete the bank information for extension payments at the bottom of the payment and refund worksheet of the 1040EF Info form. You'll also have to complete a Form 8878 and have the taxpayer sign it I believe. Then, when you click on create e-file, just check the box for federal extension only. Just make sure you only check federal extension in create e-file.

MGMEA

Just complete the bank information for extension payments at the bottom of the payment and refund worksheet of the 1040EF Info form. You'll also have to complete a Form 8878 and have the taxpayer sign it I believe. Then, when you click on create e-file, just check the box for federal extension only. Just make sure you only check federal extension in create e-file.

MGMEA

Thanks for those helpful tips ! ! !

Thom Diamond