ATX Community

941C or not ?

cientax

Made a mistake on first qtr 941 2008 and just found the error. Over stated total wages by $300. We have already filed the fourth quarter 941 and 941C is supposed to be filed with the 941 for the quarter in which the error was discovered. Can I just file a 941C by itself instead of waiting until April to make the adjustment. The W-2's, 940 and SUTA reports won't match with 941s.

Mariebeth, your attachment isn't working for me. I don't know if it's the way you did it or if it's on this end. I have a problem with the print on my screen and I don't know why. I have a 17" (I think it's plasma) wide and the print overlaps sometimes. I clicked on your attachment but I can't open it. The paperclip for the attachment overlaps the second letter "R"in the word "CORRECTING". Again I don't know if it's because of how you did it or if it's on my end.

Mariebeth, your attachment isn't working for me. I don't know if it's the way you did it or if it's on this end. I have a problem with the print on my screen and I don't know why. I have a 17" (I think it's plasma) wide and the print overlaps sometimes. I clicked on your attachment but I can't open it. The paperclip for the attachment overlaps the second letter "R"in the word "CORRECTING". Again I don't know if it's because of how you did it or if it's on my end.

Well, it was probably my fault. This is the first time I have tried to do anything "fancy" and I guess it did not work. The file is only a pdf file so if I can find out how to do it right, I will try again.

So sorry . . . .

Maribeth, thanks for the information on the 941-X. After scanning over this form, it certainly makes more sense than the 941-c made. My only concern is will the IRS understand how to use it? I have one that we correct in 2006 for an overpayment that is in the hands of the TP Advocate. I have filed the 941-C exactly as requested and the IRS continually applied to overpayment to the wrong quarter and in it's infinite wisdom, decided they didn't know what to do with it. So I hope the 941-X will be better.

Terry D.