ATX Community

Assistance for Sue (CajunSue)

Eli

I spoke to Sue today. She has been visiting this site often. She & her Hubby are doing well. She is having problems posting on this site though. She says that when ever she tries to post a new topic or even to reply to an existing topic her computer freezes. She then has to get out of IE completely in order to be able to connect to IE again. Any ideas??

Thanks!

Eli

I spoke to Sue today. She has been visiting this site often. She & her Hubby are doing well. She is having problems posting on this site though. She says that when ever she tries to post a new topic or even to reply to an existing topic her computer freezes. She then has to get out of IE completely in order to be able to connect to IE again. Any ideas??

Thanks!

Eli

Eli,

It might be helpful if you can find out for us the operating system she is using.

Wayne

Well, first thing I would check is if she is on dialup, maybe it's just an item that is not getting downloaded fast enough and times out. Possible, but unlikely if higher speed than dialup.

Next thing I would do is to flush her cache in IE. Tools | Internet Options | Temporary Files | Delete Files then close internet explorer, reboot and try again.

If that doesn't fix the problem, does she have any firewall software installed on the computer? Try disabling this (Norton/McAfee) temporarily and try again. It may be blocking something.

Is this computer part of a corporate network? They may be blocking certain content (ours does) and it's amazing what can match filters that have very good intentions but go overly broad and block things such as Microsoft Knowlegebase articles that have certain characters as part of the URL or page title.