ATX Community

Annoying E-File Rejection Glitches

Chowdahead

Has anyone else been seeing a problem when trying to determine why a return has been rejected? In past years, all I would have to do is go to the E-File Tab, select the rejected e-file, and click File>Display Rejection Message for Selected Return.

Then the return would open up and the e-file error(s) would be displayed in a box below. In this year's program, I frequently get a box that says "No error for this return found" when I complete these steps. This is despite the fact that the return is clearly listed as rejected. If I open up the return and click the button at top to see any rejection errors within the return, sometimes I can see the actual error. But most times I get a box at the bottom that just says "Because the federal return was rejected, the corresponding piggyback file was also rejected".

I called ATX about this and the only solution they have is for me to logon to the ATX Support site and manually type in the client's SSN and look up the reject codes there. To me that's not a good alternative. Sure, it provides more detail, but it's yet another manual step I have to take for each return, when this info was available in each rejected return within the program.

I'm wondering if this is just a problem with my installation or if this is a system-wide problem.

Has anyone else been seeing a problem when trying to determine why a return has been rejected? In past years, all I would have to do is go to the E-File Tab, select the rejected e-file, and click File>Display Rejection Message for Selected Return.

Then the return would open up and the e-file error(s) would be displayed in a box below. In this year's program, I frequently get a box that says "No error for this return found" when I complete these steps. This is despite the fact that the return is clearly listed as rejected. If I open up the return and click the button at top to see any rejection errors within the return, sometimes I can see the actual error. But most times I get a box at the bottom that just says "Because the federal return was rejected, the corresponding piggyback file was also rejected".

I called ATX about this and the only solution they have is for me to logon to the ATX Support site and manually type in the client's SSN and look up the reject codes there. To me that's not a good alternative. Sure, it provides more detail, but it's yet another manual step I have to take for each return, when this info was available in each rejected return within the program.

I'm wondering if this is just a problem with my installation or if this is a system-wide problem.

It was exactly the same way last year. I have the MyAtx page on my links list. I have to go there often. There is always MORE info there than in the tax return. It is a TaxWise glitch that ATX software cannot get around.