ATX Community

Form 982 e-file available?

Tax Prep by Deb

Does anyone know if and when the 982 will be available for e-file?

Deb!

I contacted both IRS and ATX today, IRS states that the form is ready for efile and that we should work with our transmitter if it our software does not allow it to be efiled. ATX states that IRS has not released the form, so I don't really know, we have returns that we may have to switch to paper filing in order to get them out.

I contacted both IRS and ATX today, IRS states that the form is ready for efile and that we should work with our transmitter if it our software does not allow it to be efiled. ATX states that IRS has not released the form, so I don't really know, we have returns that we may have to switch to paper filing in order to get them out.

In other software 982 (like many of these ATX delayed forms) has been available since the first day of EF. I get the impression ATX support really just does not know and it's easy to point the finger instead of figure out what's actually happening.

In other software 982 (like many of these ATX delayed forms) has been available since the first day of EF. I get the impression ATX support really just does not know and it's easy to point the finger instead of figure out what's actually happening.

I e-mailed support and received a reply in less than 24 hours that simply stated that it was in progress but that they had no time frame as to when it will be approved!

Deb!

I e-mailed support and received a reply in less than 24 hours that simply stated that it was in progress but that they had no time frame as to when it will be approved!

Deb!

There was an update for form 982 within the last hour, it is ver. 44 and shows 'approved'. I updated, but still can't create the efile for a return with that form. ??? IRS site shows it was revised 2/09 and posted 2/10/09.