ATX Community

Emails and ATX policy

Margaret CPA in OH

There was a discussion about random omission of the state returns printing when fed and state were selected. Since I thought it was just me having this problem, it was very interesting to discover otherwise and so I sent an email to ATX to ask about it. I was pleasantly surprised by the quick response, replied and said so and asked another question and replied again to that answer.

Since I was also curious about the status of my 1099's (Transmitted to EFC since January), I thought, "What the heck?" and emailed separately about that. Again I was pleasantly surprised to receive a very quick response and replied again with another question.

Then I received this, "Thank you for your e-mail to Customer Support. We have received more than 5 responses from this account within a 24 hour period. Additional e-mails sent to support will be received but this will be the last acknowledgement of a successful transmission until the 24 hour period is over. We strive to answer all e-mails within 24-48 hours. Be sure to check the Customer Support Site and the Knowledge Base where you can find the answers to the most common questions without delay. We appreciate your business and will respond with an answer as soon as possible."

I don't really care to get a computer generated email saying that my email was received, especially if I have just replied to an email FROM ATX. Duly chastised, I guess I will skip emails along with any phone calls. With the help of you good folks, I'll just keep on keepin' on.

But I'm still curious about the efile that shows on the ATX site Accepted and also shows that it has not yet been transmitted to IRS. I received an email explanation the Accepted does mean IRS accepted but how can the IRS accept something it hasn't received? Hmmmm.....

I have 4 addresses myself but, for business, use only my CPA business email. The point that I was trying to make is that, because I replied to 2 emails sent to me, I was "chastised" for having sent 5 emails. While I thanked the level 2 tech who responded, I didn't realize that one is not supposed to reply by email. It does clearly state to call CS for further assistance but I naively thought email could be more efficient for me. I guess they would rather we wait on hold than accomplish something via email. So here I am on hold for 13 minutes so far because Alison doesn't understand what the problem is. How I can have 2 transmissions accepted on my software but still awaiting IRS acks and one transmission accepted but the ATX website says it hasn't yet been transmitted to IRS.