ATX Community

Oregon preparer - Long term care insurance

tmike

Could any Oregon preparer give me a quick run down on the credit for long term care insurance. I find no info in the instructions. Is this a dollar for dollar credit? Are there any income limitations. My client is a part-year res and had income over 300k. The link for line 56 just says "Long term care insurance premiums. Code 716. Any help is appreciated. -Mike-

Could any Oregon preparer give me a quick run down on the credit for long term care insurance. I find no info in the instructions. Is this a dollar for dollar credit? Are there any income limitations. My client is a part-year res and had income over 300k. The link for line 56 just says "Long term care insurance premiums. Code 716. Any help is appreciated. -Mike-

policy issued after 1/1/2000, beneficary you, parents, or kids credit 15% of premium max 500. and if you are taking the deduction on federal there is a formular to have an addition back to oregon.