ATX Community

A too short "Honymoon #2

Lucho

Thank to everyone who took the time to read my morning post. I have a full time job (thank God) and just came back. I will try to convince her to look for someone else.

Thank you again

Lucho, I think the concensus was to use MFS, and indicate that spouse refused to give his SSN. Only thing that might be tough is deciding whether to itemize or take standard deduction. (Both spouses have to do the same thing.) I don't understand why you don't want to do the return, unless she is still taking up a tremendous amount of time. I know, some clients require a lot of hand holding, but it seems like you've already invested a lot of time, so hopefully you can just get it done now.

--- Rita

I thought he was trying to convince her to look for a new husband. :lol:

LOL. Yeah, or no husband.

I do understand not wanting this job, though. It just seems like Lucho has some sunk costs (time), and preparing the return is the only way to come out ahead. Or not as far behind. Seems like you can never make any money on situations like this.

I have a client that has just gone through a break-up after a three month marriage. Neither has any tax problems, but she has absolutely driven me crazy trying to find a way to file as HOH. She itemizes, and doesn't even realize that HOH doesn't help her. Plus, she takes so much time telling me EVERYTHING.

I finally sorta fired her, cause I did NOT want to get into explaining to her that if she itemizes he has to itemize as well. I know her, she'd say, "Whaaa? What do you mean itemize?" He'd have zero deductions. I told her they can either file MFJ or MFS but one accountant needs to handle it, and I will step aside and let his accountant take the job. Conflict of interest can take a hike.