ATX Community

ATX DOES IT AGAIN!!!

Mike D

I was recently informed by one of my staff professionals that he could not access the Kleinrock CPE. Upon further investigation, ATX stated that they removed this free feature effective September 2007.

I do not recall receiving any notification of this modification to my software license agreement.

Needless to say, I have requested to be contacted by someone in authority at ATX to discuss this further.

I have purchased the networked version of total tax office to support about 14 professional staff for the past 6 years. They have used the CPE extensively that was offered to them as a benefit of their employment.

The outcome of this issue may result in shopping for another software package that includes free CPE such as Drake.

Please let me know if anyone was aware of this change.

Thanks

Mike Dubin CPA

And you can still buy the CPE from Kleinrock. It's just that since CCH bought ATX, but not Kleinrock, they kept the research part as part of their package, but not the CPE. I sure would not change software and retrain everybody to a different program, just over that cost, since you must not have been using it as much as you thought, if it took 18 months to notice it's lack.