ATX Community

az nonresident

grandmabee

any help from state of AZ

I am using the form 309 for other state tax paid on same income. the 309 fills out correctly but I can not get it to flow to the AZ 140NR line 30 I put the credit number in as 309 but no credit goes on line. I must be missing a check box or something. But can't find and don't want to override.

any help would be appreciated

any help from state of AZ

I am using the form 309 for other state tax paid on same income. the 309 fills out correctly but I can not get it to flow to the AZ 140NR line 30 I put the credit number in as 309 but no credit goes on line. I must be missing a check box or something. But can't find and don't want to override.

any help would be appreciated

Most of the time this only applies to full year residences, if your usuing the NR or PY then your allocating the income allready.

Most of the time this only applies to full year residences, if your usuing the NR or PY then your allocating the income allready.

No they full year residents of Oregon but had some bare land in AZ that they sold this year. Oregon taxes them on all income and AZ will tax them on the land sale. So I should get a credit for double tax. AZ instuctions say oregon can use the tax credit.

No they full year residents of Oregon but had some bare land in AZ that they sold this year. Oregon taxes them on all income and AZ will tax them on the land sale. So I should get a credit for double tax. AZ instuctions say oregon can use the tax credit.

Then in that case you will not have the credit for AZ, but have the credit on Oregon taxes. When it is all said and done you should only be paying taxe once on the transaction, but in to states and it will work out to the higher rate IE AZ tax rate is 3% OR tax rate is 5%, the total tax will equal approx the 5% with 3% to AZ and 2% to OR.

That is how the CA works, the one I deal with most offten

CA gets the credit, the AZ pays the tax

Hope this helps.

Fred

Then in that case you will not have the credit for AZ, but have the credit on Oregon taxes. When it is all said and done you should only be paying taxe once on the transaction, but in to states and it will work out to the higher rate IE AZ tax rate is 3% OR tax rate is 5%, the total tax will equal approx the 5% with 3% to AZ and 2% to OR.

That is how the CA works, the one I deal with most offten

CA gets the credit, the AZ pays the tax

Hope this helps.

Fred

No Oregon will not allow it. we pay all to oregon then take credit on AZ but can't figure out how to do it.

Question: Don't you pay the tax to AZ, but then get a credit for the tax paid to AZ on your OR return. We fill out a form WI OS for taxes paid to other state. WI claims all income also, but gets a credit from tax paid to other state - hence the OS form. Hope that helps.

Sara

I have had a lot of that this year - working on AZ return - but it is a part year resident so different. Good luck with yours.

Question: Don't you pay the tax to AZ, but then get a credit for the tax paid to AZ on your OR return. We fill out a form WI OS for taxes paid to other state. WI claims all income also, but gets a credit from tax paid to other state - hence the OS form. Hope that helps.

Sara

I have had a lot of that this year - working on AZ return - but it is a part year resident so different. Good luck with yours.

When you fill out the 309 are you putting the OR tax on Part II Line 12, just did my test return, at that is what it took to get the credit for flow to page 1 line 29 and on line 30 you should see 309 in the first box, if not make sure it is there

this should do it for

Fred

yes I do put OR tax paid on line 12 and the bottom of the form shows the tax credit ..It just doesn't flow to the form page. The only income the AZ return has is sch D. I don't know it that makes a difference

I just did my test, with 240K in longterm gain, work just find. maybe send me the numbers and I can see if I can help

[email protected]

just let me know in the subject line