ATX Community

Ohio help

L.S.

In 2008 client lived in Ashtabula, (I love that name!) Ohio from Jan. until July 20, 2008. Only income was from Ohio Dept of Job & Family Services - unemployment of $9,585 with federal income tax withheld of $972. July 20 moved to Iowa - no income here. What forms do I need to file for Ohio?

Thanks.

I will not impede on the Ohio brethens' territory (because I do not know the answer to your question), but I was drawn by the query since I was born and raised in Ashtabula. So that means that now there are two of us that have escaped. :)

Really, though, Ashtabula is an old Indian name and the town is right on Lake Erie and the lake perch are absolutely "to die for" when done up in a proper beer batter. Beautiful river flowing through town and very scenic areas.

But enough of that, I have got to get back to work. I hope someone comes along that can answer your question, but if not, try this link:

http://dw.ohio.gov/tax/dynamicforms/ or this

http://dw.ohio.gov/tax/

Good luck!

In 2008 client lived in Ashtabula, (I love that name!) Ohio from Jan. until July 20, 2008. Only income was from Ohio Dept of Job & Family Services - unemployment of $9,585 with federal income tax withheld of $972. July 20 moved to Iowa - no income here. What forms do I need to file for Ohio?

Thanks.

You will need the Ohio IT-1040, Ashtabula city return (ci.ashtabula.oh.us)

You may also need a school district return, OH SD-100....You will need client's Ohio address then go to The lookup web site (thefinder.tax.ohio.gov) to see what school district they lived in and if that district had a school tax.

You will need the Ohio IT-1040, Ashtabula city return (ci.ashtabula.oh.us)

You may also need a school district return, OH SD-100....You will need client's Ohio address then go to The lookup web site (thefinder.tax.ohio.gov) to see what school district they lived in and if that district had a school tax.

Janitor Bob is Right on, as usual. He is a neighbor about 35 miles away. Gotta love Buckeyes!!!