ATX Community

EIN and Name Control do not match

Bob Hoffman

I am getting a rejection notice -1041FD122 - on the e-file of my first trust return. I did not assume there would be any problem. Simply, the EIN and name "control" do not match in the IRS database. This is a first and final filing. I took the name and number right off of the IRS notice of EIN assignment. It matches. Any ideas or thoughts on how to check the information another way?

I am getting a rejection notice -1041FD122 - on the e-file of my first trust return. I did not assume there would be any problem. Simply, the EIN and name "control" do not match in the IRS database. This is a first and final filing. I took the name and number right off of the IRS notice of EIN assignment. It matches. Any ideas or thoughts on how to check the information another way?

My experience with any entities efiling, be it corporation, partnership, or trust, the initial year filing return cannot be efiled. You have to paper file it.

Maribeth

I have had a couple of rejections that said the name control does not match the EIN. After trying one a dozen different ways I figured out that someone at the IRS enters them with the first name of the trust and not the last name as the instructions indicate. Now when I get the rejection I enter the first name and they all have come right back as accepted.