ATX Community

Ohio Preparers....Military retirement

Janitor Bob

I just found out...On April 14, that The Ohio IT-1040 has a deduction for Military retirement included in gross wages (Line 45g)......I do not have any military retireees, so no big deal.....But how did I not know about this?

Did ATX check for this or provide any warnings?

Did I miss this in some "what's new for Ohio" class?

I don't have any military retirees, either, Whew! but it does say in bold NEW. On a quick perusal of the instructions for IT-1040, it does have it listed on page 2, Highlights for 2008. I guess ATX can or does provide only so many alerts. Does the military retirement 1099R equivalent have a special indicator that it is military? I guess it's just another blue field and, like the ltc insurance deduction and some other health insurance items, we just have to know to look there!

I don't have any military retirees, either, Whew! but it does say in bold NEW. On a quick perusal of the instructions for IT-1040, it does have it listed on page 2, Highlights for 2008. I guess ATX can or does provide only so many alerts. Does the military retirement 1099R equivalent have a special indicator that it is military? I guess it's just another blue field and, like the ltc insurance deduction and some other health insurance items, we just have to know to look there!

I guess I did see that in February when I was looking at it, but ignored it because I do not have any military retireees.....A preparer that I work with, though did not see it..and he has at least 5 military retirees.