ATX Community

CPE Credits

Lucho

I would like the opinions of anyone who has bought courses from PES (Professional Education Services, LLP). Because the economy, this year I can not afford taking that wonderful trip to Vegas to get those IRS 18 CPE credits or attend any other seminar sponsored by any professional organization; so I am trying to buy self-study material.

Thank you in advance

Lucho

I would like the opinions of anyone who has bought courses from PES (Professional Education Services, LLP). Because the economy, this year I can not afford taking that wonderful trip to Vegas to get those IRS 18 CPE credits or attend any other seminar sponsored by any professional organization; so I am trying to buy self-study material.

Thank you in advance

Lucho

I've used PES a couple times, and I like the books they use. I would buy more from them, but sometimes I have to go cheaper yet. If you just need to fill in your hours, FunCPE is cheaper, because it just uses IRS pubs. I've also used ClientWhys.

One nice thing about online/mail-in CPE: if you're good at taking tests, you can probably finish the course in half the time.

I have also used PES (Professional Education Services, LLP) and their self study courses are very good.

However, for the past few years I have been using CPEDepot.com which has a fixed price of $149 per year for unlimited CPE course hours online. CPEDepot.com courses are all pdf downloads and the tests are all online. I have found their material to be very good also.

Thanks