ATX Community

New Computer

I (well my IT guy) just set up a new computer, with XP Professional. We used Laplink PC Mover to migrate the prgrams and files from the old to the new. The ATX program opens, no problem, but no clients show up. The e-file says 0 of 424 e-files.

What do I do now to get my client lists to show up in ATX?

Thanks so much, for any and all assistance.

Lynn Jacobs, EA

Kenner, LA

I (well my IT guy) just set up a new computer, with XP Professional. We used Laplink PC Mover to migrate the prgrams and files from the old to the new. The ATX program opens, no problem, but no clients show up. The e-file says 0 of 424 e-files.

What do I do now to get my client lists to show up in ATX?

Thanks so much, for any and all assistance.

Lynn Jacobs, EA

Kenner, LA

I have swapped out two computers so far this year and I have had to use the export/import function in order to get the files correctly into the new computers. You can also use the backup/restore function to do this. I believe the next time we have to do a new computer, I will use the backup/restore because I believe that function carries more data with it.

If there is an easier way, I would love to hear of it!

Maribeth

I have also used the backup/restore feature. So, Lynn if your old computer still has the ATX Program & Data then go to the top, click on File then backup/restore & backup the returns to another drive like a flash drive, or to a CD. Then on the new computer, do the same thing, except choose restore, and when it asks where, browse to the drive you backed it up to.

Even though the program files migrated and it appeared that the data files had not, the 'restore' function did not solve my problem. Luckily I had the archive discs, original discs and installation codes for the years I wanted to restore. Once the programs were loaded from those discs, voila', the database showed up automatically.

Thanks all for your suggestions,

Lynn Jacobs, EA