ATX Community

ATX 2007 Organizer

When I updated the ATX program one day this week I noticed the 2007 organizer is available. I was (still am, actually) a new user for the 2006 tax year and have a question.

In order to do an organizer for every individual tax client, is it necessary to open each return and add the 2007 organizer for each one and then to do the print function? Is there an option to click which says to print an organizer for each client "clicked" on the list? Is there a way to "batch print" the organizers?

Thanks for your help.

Lynn Jacobs, EA

Kenner, LA

Yes, you can mark those you want it added to, then select the 'print organizers for marked returns' option on the main menu.

Thanks, KC - I figured out how to do it for the Individual clients.

One more question - does the system also generate organizers for entities such as corporations, partnerships, etc.?

Thanks again - Lynn

NO, since they normally have sets of books, it does not. I have, occasionally, for a client with a small LLC, for example, done my own version by adding an organizer to the 1065, then just modifying the Sch C page to fit the Line 20 info, and then just printing that page for him. You can easily modify that page by using the Tools menu, Unprotect, option. After modifying it, just protect it again.

If you have many you want that for, you can make a Custom form by taking the organizer, eliminate the unneeded parts, modify that page, then save it as a custom form that you can use over and over.