ATX Community

1040 DVD PACKAGES & CPE

Edward

In the past I have been ordering and completing the GEAR UP Video DVD packages (cost of 365.00 for 2009). Too going this route requires extensive review and studying, and subsequent testing which is forwarded to GEAR UP for grading and CPE award. I've always preferred this method over "live seminars" as I believe that one can absorb much more tax data because of the obvious additional work that must be done to get the CPE. The only problem (as with this

method, and possibly with live seminars) is that they aren't totally current as of 31 Dec. I note that JENNINGS SEMINARS HAS a similiar DVD program for 304.00 for 2009. Has anybody taken the JENNINGS dvd program, and if so how would you rate them as for quality and currency? Will appreciate any replies.

I can't specifically comment on the DVD program but I have participated in Mr. Jennings live seminars when he presented for Western CPE and it always seemed as though his material was current and timely (as well as informative and entertaining). However, I can see were it might be problematic to keep a prerecorded program current and timely. As a side note I received a mailing from Jennings Seminars yesterday and I may switch from Western CPE to Mr. Jennings' seminar for my year end tax update because it is a little less expensive and includes lunch.

I can't specifically comment on the DVD program but I have participated in Mr. Jennings live seminars when he presented for Western CPE and it always seemed as though his material was current and timely (as well as informative and entertaining). However, I can see were it might be problematic to keep a prerecorded program current and timely. As a side note I received a mailing from Jennings Seminars yesterday and I may switch from Western CPE to Mr. Jennings' seminar for my year end tax update because it is a little less expensive and includes lunch.

Western CPE is one of the best CPE providers we have ever used. They also have webinars, some of which are free. Check their website, www. westerncpe.com, for their free webinars and other classes. We have been participating in their webinars because of the ease, comfort and $$ savings.

Maribeth

Western CPE is one of the best CPE providers we have ever used. They also have webinars, some of which are free. Check their website, www. westerncpe.com, for their free webinars and other classes. We have been participating in their webinars because of the ease, comfort and $$ savings.

Maribeth

I agree Maribeth I really like Western CPE in fact I participated in two free webinars yesterday. I do prefer the live seminar format for the year end tax update and I will be attending that seminar again this year. I toyed with idea of attending the Jennings seminar but my assistant informed me that I was already registered for the Western CPE course. (maybe I will go to both I need lots of CPE this year)