ATX Community

AccuWage

Diane

I ran the AccuWage to check the W-2's. Had an error:

Execution of Testing was terminated due to the Critical Error in Record Number 1:

Record 1 must be RCA record.

1 Record(s) tested

1 Record(s) with Error(s)

1 Error(s) found

Record number: 1 Code: PK SSN:

Err Num: 1

Reference: Sequence of Records [Position 1 - 3]

User Entry: [PK]

Error Description: Record 1 must be RCA record.

Don't know what an 'RCA' error is. What am I missing?

Can anyone help?

Diane

I had an error yesterday that somehow resolved itself - RA. Then I couldn't get the file to upload to BSO. The message was that the file name was invalid or something. I spend over an hour on the phone with SSA - Wilma kept saying it was a tax software issue. ATX said, no, if it passed AccuWage the issue was SSA. Finally this morning I got an experienced person who led me through allowing SSA to be an approved site for security. Now it works.

While I was on hold I browsed through much of the BSO website to find the error codes. I can't find the specific list again at the moment but here is a start for you -

http://www.ssa.gov/employer/bsohbnew.htm Also, the tech support number 1.888.772.2970, answers pretty quickly. I just hope you don't get Wilma!

Thanks, I thinkI found my problem. When I checked the file thru AccuWage I think I clicked on the .zip file instead of the .asc file. I'm not really sure that was it, but, when I put it thru AccuWage the next time using the .asc file I didn't get that message. So, I either clicked on the wrong file the first couple of times, (and didn't realize it) or it fixed itself somehow.

Diane

Yes, you are supposed to check the asc file. The zip is to send. Lisa from SSA (the second person) was trying to tell me to not necessarily send the zip files and gave instructions if there were problems. She said some software company last year changed something that created issues. Mine was successful in sending as a zip but I am hanging onto her alternate method in case. Good luck!