ATX Community

run-time error 91

fravalos

i had atx installed on one master, and on one satelite . the load time through the network on the satellite was terrible so i uninstalled, and reinstalled from the cd so that i could keep 1 computer at each office, rather than trying to rely on my laptop through the slow network. now the satelite computer which has been reinstalled with its own copy will not load, i get run time error 91 "object variable or with block variable not set. i tried to reboot, reinstall and reboot, and am unable to rollback to a previously working state. any ideas?

ID

: 32493

Tax Year

: 2009

Product

: TaxPrep ATX

"Run-time error '91'" when opening software after updating

You receive the following message when opening program after downloading and installing updates:

Run-time error '91': Object or With block variable not set.

To correct this problem, update your ATX software. Refer to Document ID: 14661 for instructions on updating your program files.

Last Modified on 01/25/2010 09:36:01 AM

ID

: 16964

Tax Year

: 2006

Product

: E-file, TaxPrep ATX

"Run-time error '91'" when creating e-files on workstations

You receive the following message when creating an e-file from a networked workstation:

Run-time error '91': Object or With block variable not set.

This can occur when the EfileRules.xml support file is outdated or has become corrupted. You need to delete this file on the server, and then replace it by updating your ATX tax software.

To delete the EfileRules.xml file on the server

Close your ATX software on the server and all workstations.

Right-click the appropriate ATX desktop shortcut, and then click Properties.

On the Shortcut tab, click Find Target.

Double-click the Masters folder.

Right-click the EfileRules.xml file, and then click Delete.

In the Confirm File Delete window, click Yes to confirm the deletion.

Manually update your ATX software from the MyATX Support Center Web site. Refer to Document ID: 764 for instructions. When the update process is complete, restart your ATX software, and then re-create your e-files.

If the problem persists, the sharing and security permissions for the ATX program folder may not be set correctly on the server. Refer to Document ID: 9984 for information on configuring access rights and file-sharing on networks. Consult with your network administrator or a qualified technician in your area if you require further assistance.

Last Modified on 01/23/2007 01:06:11 AM

If you have removed ATX, rebooted the computer, then reinstalled, you have covered your basics. I just checked my XP registry and there is no easy way to completely remove ATX from the registry. I was hoping ATX was like all other programs when it comes to the registry but I am sorry, I cannot help.

I would removed the program, then delete the atx2009 folder from c:\program files and then reboot. Then I would reinstall.

For testing, I would create a new account and then test it when I am log on as the new user.

I would log on as the admin to the local box, back up your data and delete your profile. Then I would log in as you and move your data back. If you don't feel confortable with what I have said, don't do it.

If that doesn't work, you might need to call tech support.

Am I correct assuming that you are reliquinshing the server, and client setup? If I am understanding correctly, you want to have two different computers, (without communicating to each other) and run ATX on both computers.

If that's the case, do not touch the server which is working properly. Don't fix the server in the middle of tax season, PLEASE.

Tried deleting the folder and reinstalling, that did not work. also, its not letting me get anywhere near updating, when i load the program it immediately goes to the runtime error. also, i couldnt find the efile folder, but seing as how i deleted the entire 2009 folder (after backing up) and that didnt solve the problem i doubt singling out the one and trying to repair would either. i guess ill just have to call support and cross my fingers. thanks for the suggestions