ATX Community

Pennsylvanna state with military

grandmabee

anyone from PA I have a military person stationed outside of PA and wife worked in PA before being married. I can't even find the form where I can exclude his military pay. He is a resident of PA but stationed in other state.

In reading it looks like I have to send in a copy of orders. Is that correct?

Thanks for any help

anyone from PA I have a military person stationed outside of PA and wife worked in PA before being married. I can't even find the form where I can exclude his military pay. He is a resident of PA but stationed in other state.

In reading it looks like I have to send in a copy of orders. Is that correct?

Thanks for any help

There is no form to exclude Active Duty Military wages earned outside of PA. It needs to be excluded from Line 1a on the PA40 and attach a statement including that it is nontaxable to the state and the location of where he is stationed. Yes, his orders also need to be included so you will have to use form 8453. If he has other income other than the Active Duty, that would be taxable since he is a resident.

There is no form to exclude Active Duty Military wages earned outside of PA. It needs to be excluded from Line 1a on the PA40 and attach a statement including that it is nontaxable to the state and the location of where he is stationed. Yes, his orders also need to be included so you will have to use form 8453. If he has other income other than the Active Duty, that would be taxable since he is a resident.

great thank you . now on the local wages from w-2 the locality name is not in my choices. I have Georges, Smtfld B and George T any help on this

OK it will let me just type the correct one in :rolleyes:

thanks for your help