ATX Community

2007 Total Tax office not loading in Vista

bardon719

I received my new 2007 program, which I loaded fine with Windows XP in my desktop, but it refuses to load in my new laptop with Vista Business. I was on the phone with ATX for hours Friday, but as yet they are unable to get the program installed on my laptop. They will call me back on Monday after they do some checking?

Did anyone else run into this problem? I've loaded 2003 thru 2006 on my new laptop with no difficulty. I even tried installing the program in "Safe Mode", to no avail.

Any advice??

Thanks,

Don

Bardon719

Are we allowed to enter the ATX program on a desktop and laptop without additional licensing? I'm not talking about networking. I have a one personl office, generally use a laptop but on occassion at a different office would like to use a desktop. This would make it nice.

Mike

We were last year. I hope it is the same this year.

We have 2 computers in the office and one laptop for traveling. The office computers are networked and the laptop runs ATX stand alone, even though we can access the network from the laptop when in the office.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Have you tried 'copying' the CD to the hard disk (put it in a temporary subdirectory you can delete later on) and see if the files copy ok? There could be fingerprints on the CD or something causing a read error. This is an easy test, but low likelihood of success.

Most likely it has NOTHING to do with VISTA and has EVERYTHING to do with the other software installed on the machine. There is probably some support file on the computer that has an incompatible version with one of the support files for the program. A really tricky situation where support can take hours figuring it out that you have XYZ utility 'pre-installed' on the laptop by the manufacturer for your convenience that you never ever use. I really hate getting computers with all the bundled software for that very reason. In this case, I would ensure that all updates and service packs are installed on the laptop and try the install again. If not, then support will need to walk you through the support files one by one and figure out what doesn't install.

Hey guys, thanks for all your replies.

The program was copied to my hard drive, and we tried to install from there on Friday, but it didn't work.

Zach from Tech support was supposed to call me back on Monday, Dec. 3, but nobody called me thru today, but, guess what? I tried again to install from the copy on my hard drive and eureka, it worked. Even though I receive additional CD's during the year, I will continue to update the program by downloading from ATX. I don't want this to happen again.

Bardon719