ATX Community

Continuous E-Filing Problems

Chowdahead

I have been having continuous e-filing problems where the return shows a status as "Transmitted to EFC".

Last week I had over 30 returns that I had to manually go over with a support representative in order for them to "re-hang" them. This took over 90 minutes to do including my Hold time. Some couldn't even be re-hung by the rep and had to be forwarded to advance support. The week before that I had 4 with the same problem.

Now last night I notice that I have one return with the same problem. Compounding the problem is that calling support entails around a 30-45 min wait on hold.

The problem seems to be with getting the acknowledgments because if I go onto the ATX mySupport site and look up the return there, I can clearly see the rejection errors. Yet my program won't receive the same rejection acknowledgement, so there is nothing I can do to fix it until I call and they rehang it. This is really frustrating. :angry:

Has anyone else experienced this? I have been using ATX since 2003 and I have never seen anything like this.

This is really frustrating. :angry:

Has anyone else experienced this? I have been using ATX since 2003 and I have never seen anything like this.

Yes Yes & Yes

We have been using ATX since 2002. I made it a point to be as technically informed as I could about the inner working of the program and all its pieces BEFORE CCH bought it. I only made 1 call to Tech Support for the 2008 tax season, and that was early February.

CCH has destroyed the customer service aspect of this software.

I had the "rehang" problem as well. I figured out a workaround, but was on hold and on with tech support a total of 40 minutes for TWO returns with problems. The technician did not seem very knowledgeable as to the inner workings of the program. I think all the ATX competent support people jumped ship, and we are left with TRX refurbished tech support. I remember it being this way the first year CCH owned them.

Love ATX software, I disdain CCH Corporate and the way they have spun a bad light on ATX software. Their "Enhancements" to the e-file acknowledgement system should be "un-enhanced" in my no so humble opinion.