ATX Community

Moved TRX Intellitax to new computer

Davist

Recently moved TRW Intellitax for windows 2002-2007 from my old PC to my new PC via "PCMOVER", all files and folders seemed to move sucessfully. However whenever I attempt to open any of the programs it tell's me "database is in single user mode or is unavailable, contact customer support" does anyone have any suggestions how to deal with this?? As I'm sure we all know customer service is nonexsistant. Please advise.

Recently moved TRW Intellitax for windows 2002-2007 from my old PC to my new PC via "PCMOVER", all files and folders seemed to move sucessfully. However whenever I attempt to open any of the programs it tell's me "database is in single user mode or is unavailable, contact customer support" does anyone have any suggestions how to deal with this?? As I'm sure we all know customer service is nonexsistant. Please advise.

Oh boy! I remember that one. It was painful to fix, even with tech support. IntelliTax used the Microsoft SQL server as its engine. From my few notes on the fix it looked like I had to uninstall IntelliTax, uninstall Microsoft SQL, run some (at this point unknown) system patch routines, reinstall SQL and finally reinstall IntelliTax. Since you don't have the capability of installing IntelliTax, this doesn't seem like a viable solution even if I had all the details.

This apparently is a common problem in many applications that use the MS SQL engine. Google "database in single user mode" - maybe something there will be of help.

As for me, I have an older Dell running Windows 2000 that sits in the basement in case I ever have to run Intellitax again. Theoretically there are also working copies of Pencil Pushers from the mid-90s on it. I doubt I'll ever know for sure.

Don

That does sound familiar. I had that problem when I first got IntelliTax and installed it on a new Vista machine. I started with 07 tax year, but they sent me the prior years for practice. I believe it was 06 that gave me some error and TRX said it wouldn't work on Vista because Microsoft hadn't updated the SQLServer. At some point it started working. I guess through a Microsoft automatic download. When I got 07, I got the error you refer to. Called TRX, they took over my computer and removed the old SQLServer and did a few other patches. Made 07 work, but killed 06. If you let them take over your computer, DON'T let them put you on hold. They start doing things that they shouldn't and you can't make them stop. You have no control on the computer and they can't hear you because you are on hold.

I've now moved everything to a Windows 7 machine and can't get my 07 IntelliTax to work. I tried to call TRX but couldn't get through. Sent an e-mail that was never answered. I've given up until after the tax season, or some day when I just feel like being on the phone a while. I've also since re-formatted the Vista machine because it was having too many other problems. That was probably a mistake, but it's too late now.

That doesn't help you fix your issue, but just a warning about letting others control your computer.

Good luck.