ATX Community

E-file entities - how to add to my ERO

BulldogTom

I should know this - but I don't. I have always paper filed my entities because I didn't do any when I first started, and I don't do many right now. But I am starting to get more and I think I need to start e-filing these returns as well.

When I became an ERO, they did not even allow you to e-file partnerships, corps, and s-corps. I think they had a period of time where you needed to add those entities to your ERO number to file them, but I never updated my ERO application. Is that still the case? How do you do it?

Any help is appreciated.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I should know this - but I don't. I have always paper filed my entities because I didn't do any when I first started, and I don't do many right now. But I am starting to get more and I think I need to start e-filing these returns as well.

When I became an ERO, they did not even allow you to e-file partnerships, corps, and s-corps. I think they had a period of time where you needed to add those entities to your ERO number to file them, but I never updated my ERO application. Is that still the case? How do you do it?

Any help is appreciated.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Tom,

go to eservices if you are registered and update. If not you can register there and update. It is fairly easy and can be done very fast.

Devm

That was easy. I called the 866 number on the IRS website, did not wait on hold at all, they asked for my EFIN and updated it while I was on the line. 2 minutes total time. I can now e-file all forms.

Sweeeeeet.

Now I have to take back all those nasty thoughts I had about the IRS.

Tom

Lodi, CA