ATX Community

E-file status "duplicated" . . . ad nauseum

BrentCPA

Let me preface this by saying I know that modifying the DCN series fixes this problem, but my question for you folks is simply; isn't there a better way? Almost every time I log-in my DCN has reset itself to 10 and if I do not catch this my created e-files will invariably come back as duplicated since I have already submitted e-files with that DCN (months ago even). I have talked to tech support on numerous occasions and while they confirm that this is happening and they can tell my why I get the error, no one has yet told me how to prevent my DCN from resetting itself to the default 10 every time the software updates or I restart the program. I guess it is not a deal breaker, but it is frustrating when you miss a drain because of a stupid software glitch like this and you have to tell your clients that their refund will most likely be a week later than anticipated.

Background: Windows 7 Pro, ATX installed to the default (x86) directory, run as administrator

Perhaps installing to the root directory might solve this? I am open to any suggestions because I apparently lack the discipline to check my DCN series every day.

You can not install to the root directory [C:/] but you can set up an ATX directory, and install each year into a folder in that, which is what I did a long time ago, and continue to use. C:/ATX/ATX___ with the year in the blanks. I have not had any problems with this setup, and it makes it easy to back up that whole directory, plus I just don't like having EVERYTHING in C:/ProgramFiles/ and I don't like, when looking for the program to have to type Programfiles when I could just type ATX.