ATX Community

another k-1

imjulier

Still working on some K-1s that I'm just not sure how to handle. I have a statement for box 20, code L called disposition of assets with prior section 179 expense. An example of one of the items has dates purchased and sold of 6/30/02 and 6/1/09, sales price = $0, cost or other basis plus expense of sale = $175, depr allowed or allowable = $106, and section 179 expense dedn previously reported = $50. There are 5 dispostions like this which look kinda similar. I have no idea what to do with this. All I can think to do is to reclaim the section 179 on Sch E because depreciation and g/l may already be in box 1 and box 10. Any thoughts?

Julie

Dispositions of property are reported on Form 4797. Here's a link to partners' instructions for Schedule K-1: http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1065sk1/ch02.html#d0e1878. Click on the link for line 20. Also, the instructions for Form 4797 should help you too.

Code L can also be used for gains and losses from casualties & thefts that would be reported on Form 4684, and for installment sales reported on Form 6252

Thanks jklcpa....

So, I've reviewed how to do this and read the 4797 instructions (I've sold assets before....just not those reported on the k-1)and from my example above, here's what I'm trying to figure out:

This looks like a $19 loss, right?

For recapture, have I even been given the reclaculated depr? Or is this something I have to figure out?

Thanks again for any help.

Julie