ATX Community

Printing Labels in ATX 2007

taxtrio

I decided to print labels for my January mailing from the 2007 Max program instead of 2006.

(More options for sorting files. can print by zipcode etc.)

So I rolledover all returns from 2006. Updated addresses. etc. etc.

The help screen lists labels to use. I have the Avery 5160 (30 to a page address labels)

Yes, they are on the list... But... The labels don't line up. I've tried to adjust.. No go!!

They are all too far to the left. A lot of extra blank space on right side of page.

Anybody else tried this yet??? I think there is a flaw in the label printing software.

So I found an option to export the list as an excel file. Then I figures out how to bring the client list up into Microsoft Word and print the labels there. At least they line up properly.

Thought I'd share and see if anyone else had done this yet.

Everyone else is having the same issue.

The 2006 labels still work so you should be able to print them from there for now.

The problem has been reported to ATX already and hopefully there will be a fix shortly.

If you go to Preferences inside of the 2007 ATX program, under Print, there is an option to print mailing slips with return address on Left or Centered, if you change this to Centered, it should print with the same alignments as 2006, and you won't need to go back to the 2006 program to print your mailing labels.

This was supposed to be updated to the ATX knowledgebase a few days ago, but since the layoffs affected the staff who post updates to the knowledgebase I don't know what happened to the updated information.

If you go to Preferences inside of the 2007 ATX program, under Print, there is an option to print mailing slips with return address on Left or Centered, if you change this to Centered, it should print with the same alignments as 2006, and you won't need to go back to the 2006 program to print your mailing labels.

This was supposed to be updated to the ATX knowledgebase a few days ago, but since the layoffs affected the staff who post updates to the knowledgebase I don't know what happened to the updated information.

Thank you so much for sharing that with us. It's good to know. And thank you for joining us here on the board. You are very welcome here. I'm worried how many other problems will show up due to the firings.