ATX Community

Anyone else using the TRX "their Tax Works Program"?

Eagles Ridge

I ordered TRX and I am working with it. I have put in 6 returns already. So far it is doing fine. I have used Drake, and the input is a lot like Drake, so no real adjustment, yet. Each return gets faster and faster.

I would like to know if anyone else is using the TRX program? Would like some place to bounce questions and ideas off of. The one thing I am really going to miss on Drake is their Drake Forum.

I ordered TRX and I am working with it. I have put in 6 returns already. So far it is doing fine. I have used Drake, and the input is a lot like Drake, so no real adjustment, yet. Each return gets faster and faster.

I would like to know if anyone else is using the TRX program? Would like some place to bounce questions and ideas off of. The one thing I am really going to miss on Drake is their Drake Forum.

I will be using it, and have done a few returns.

I love the way it does multiple states, I did one with 5 states and all the non resident ones carried forward to get the credit on the resident return automatically.

I will like it better for 2010 when you can enter on the forms as they said it will do.

I have not yet tried the printing. But I know it has to be faster than ATX.

I used the 2008 program to bring the clients forward and all seemed to work fine.

I will be using the TRX program next year and have started doing a few of my extensions on it this year. The learning curve is pretty sharp for me because I have used ATX for the past 17 years and have never used a worksheet program before. I am having some trouble learning some of the maneuvers, but once I learn them, they are quite simple. Overall, I think I am going to be well satisfied with the program - especially with the price.

As for the forum, I believe this one is the best, and it doesn't matter if you are using ATX, TRX, Drake, or any other program. Everyone here is extremely helpful.