ATX Community

logon

zeke

KC,

There are a couple "wrinkles" in this, that I am not sure I understand.

I currently use 8 tabs as my "home page." Several times when I have tried to add a tab, I have gotten an error message indicating I have reached the limit and cannot add another tab (I do not remember exact wording of message), but later, different day, time, whenever, I can add the tab with no problem. If there is a maximum capacity for the number of tabs available, I apparently have not reached it. There are, of course, other ways to add "instant access" to a site, e.g., add it to favorites, or on the Accountants World site, add it to "My Resources" window.

In those tabs that are open, some automatically "refresh" some do not, e.g., G-Mail automatically adds new mail. Quickfinder, TaxBook, and other sites do not - I need to remember to hit the "refresh" button periodically during the day to see a current page.

Earlier, I said,

"I currently use 8 tabs as my "home page." Several times when I have tried to add a tab, I have gotten an error message indicating I have reached the limit and cannot add another tab (I do not remember exact wording of message), but later, different day, time, whenever, I can add the tab with no problem. If there is a maximum capacity for the number of tabs available, I apparently have not reached it. There are, of course, other ways to add "instant access" to a site, e.g., add it to favorites, or on the Accountants World site, add it to "My Resources" window."

The other day, when I posted, I tried to add an additional tab to my browser and it didn't work. Later I tried again and it did work. To make a long story short, two things:

1. Sometimes, only sometimes, after I add an additional tab and go to "tools" "internet options" and then click on "Use Current" it sometimes NEVER completes the task. I just let it alone for awhile (half hour +/-), then come back and "close" that window (not cancel). When I reopen the browser, I have the additional tab(s).

2. Right now, I have 10 tabs in the "home"

I am still not sure how many tabs, IE will support.