ATX Community

Custom letters - difficult to change format, font, etc

John A

Just to throw this out there, though I don't expect a solution any time soon:

I spent/wasted a full hour last night trying to get the custom letters formatted the way I wanted them to look. I just wanted a few changes in few places, including text, line spacing, font, and font size. It was extraordinarily frustrating, and I ended up giving up and going back to the original format.

The interface makes it look so easy, but at least half the time any change I made on the letter edit screen would not be reflected in the letter as printed, or (even worse) the changes that appeared on the printed letter were strikingly different from the edits I had made. I have no idea why. I would think this would be straightforward, but it really wasn't at all.

So if anyone reads this looking for help with custom letter formatting: Save yourself some time! If it doesn't work at first, don't waste time trying!

- John

Thanks for the feedback, John.

I have sent some of the thoughts to the team that handles the custom letters. I am hoping we have known issues that are contributing to this, but either way want them to know of the experiences our customers are having.

I will pass along any feedback I get.

Ryan