ATX Community

Form 8379 Informaitonal Warning

BulldogTom

I had my first injured spouse claim this year, and when I created the e-file, I got a blue warning that says the form will not be included in the e-file per IRS instructions. But when I go to the forms included in the e-file from the 1040 e-file tab, it says it was included.

I printed out the form and had the client sign it and will send it off to Fresno, but I am confused if they already have the form. Anyone know for sure?

Tom

Lodi, CA

Form 8379 can be efiled. It works in my software.

From instruction for Form 8379 - "Time Needed To Process Form 8379

Generally, if you file Form 8379 with a joint return on paper, the time needed to process it is about 14 weeks (11 weeks if filed electronically). If you file Form 8379 by itself after a joint return has been processed, the time needed is about 8 weeks."

Form 8379 can be efiled. It works in my software.

From instruction for Form 8379 - "Time Needed To Process Form 8379

Generally, if you file Form 8379 with a joint return on paper, the time needed to process it is about 14 weeks (11 weeks if filed electronically). If you file Form 8379 by itself after a joint return has been processed, the time needed is about 8 weeks."

Thanks Frazzled, I havent done a 8379 in quite some time!